Paneer - 1 cup cubed
Fresh peas (matar) - 1 cup
Fresh cream - 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup
Onion - 1 ( chopped )
Tomato - 2 nos
Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
Corriander powder- 1 tbsp
Chilli powder -1/2 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Grind to Smooth Paste:
Small Onion - 1
Green Chillies - 3 to 4
Ginger - 1/2 inch
Garlic - 4 pieces
Jeera/Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
Cinnamon Stick - 1 inch
Cloves - 2
Cardamoms - 2 nos
Milk - 1/4 cup
Cashews - 4 nos
Poppy seeds - 1 tsp
- Soak cashew and poppy seeds in ¼ cup warm milk and leave aside for 10 minutes.
- Blend these soaked ingredients with onion, green chillies, ginger, garlic, green chillies, cinnamon stick,cumin, cloves,and cardamoms to smooth paste.
- Blanch tomatoes in hot water for 10 minutes. Remove the skin and blend to a smooth puree.
- Heat ghee/oil and shallow fry paneer cubes till they turn golden brown. Take them and put it in a warm water.
- Heat oil in a kadai add cumin seeds let them splutter. Add chopped onions,kastoori methi and fry till golden brown.
- Add the masala paste and fry well till the raw smell disappears.
- Now add the pureed tomatoes,chilli powder, turmeric powder and corriander powder and fry.
- Now add peas and fry for few minutes. Add salt and cup of water. Cook 5 minutes.
- Now add paneer and cook for 2-3 mins.
- Add fresh cream and cook covered till thick and saucy.
Serve hot, with naan or parotta.