Besan flour ( kadalai mavu )- 1 1/4 cup
Water - 1 1/4 cup
Cashews - 5 nos
Raisins - few
Cardomom - 2 (powdered)
Cooking camphor -1 pinch
Ghee - 1 tbsp
Oil - for deep frying
For the sugar syrup:
Sugar - 11/4 cup
Water - 11/4 cup
- Mix together besan flour and water.This batter should be ‘dosa’ batter consistency. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a wide vessel.
- When the oil is very hot, take a big spoon of batter. Place the boondhi ladle over the hot oil, pour one spoonful of batter into the boondhi ladle and press down. boondhis should not be fried completely, They should be 3/4 fried.
- Remove from the oil and set aside.
- Grind some of the boondhi into coarse powder and set aside.
- Heat the sugar with 1 1/2 cups of water and make a syrup of one thread consistency. Add the cardamom powder,cooking camphor to the syrup.
- Turn off the flame and set aside.
- Mix the boondhi, fried raisins,cashews and powdered boondi into the sugar syrup,mix well and leave for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Take a little portion of boondhi mixture and shape into round and tight laddoos.and leave till dry.
Store in airtight containers.