Senai Kizhangu / Suran - 1 lb
Onion - 1 ( chopped )
Red chilli - 3
Green chilli - 2
Curry leaves - few
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Urad dhal - 1 tsp
Channa dhal - 1 tsp
Grated coconut - 2 tbsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Oil 1 tbsp
Salt to taste.
- Remove the skin from senai kizhangu, wash and cut into small size pieces & put it into the water.
- Cook the vegetable in water with turmeric powder and salt. Cover the vegetable. Cook till the vegetable is soft. Drain the excess water.
- Heat the oil add mustard seed,urad dhal,channa dhal after few seconds,add onion ,chillies and curry leaves.
- Fry until golden brown.Now add cooked senai kizhangu ( suran ) then stir for few minutes in low heat.
- Now add grated coconut and remove from flame.
Garnish with corriander leaves.
It goes well with sambar,rasam and curd rice.