Semiya (Vermicelly) - 2 Cups
Carrot - 1( cut in to small pieces )
Beans - 4( cut into small pieces )
Green Peas - 1/4 cup
Corn - 1/4 cup
Onion - Half ( chopped )
Green chillies - 4
Ginger - A small piece( finely chopped )
Curry leaves & Coriander leaves - few
Channa Dhal , Urad dhal - 1 tbsp
Musturd Seeds - 1 tsp
Cashew - 3 nos
Ghee - 3/4 tbsp
Oil - 2 tbsp
Water - 3 cups
Salt - to taste.
- Roast the semiya with 1 spoon of ghee or oil, till you get a light golden colour.
- Heat the oil and add add the mustard seeds,once they crackle, add the dhals and cashew. fry them till golden brown.
- Add the chopped onions,ginger, slitted green chillies & curry leaves.Fry them 2 minutes.Now add vegetables along with salt.
- Mix well and low heat for 3 minutes.Now add 3 cups of water. allow to boil.
- Now add semiya.mix it well and cook till the vegetables and vermicelli turn soft and the water evaporates.
- Garnish with Coriander leaves.
- Vegetable semiya upma is ready!Serve with coconut chutney.