Onion large - 1
Tomato - 3 nos
Curry leaves - few
Red chillies - 3 nos
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Fennel seeds - 1 tsp
Poppy seeds - 1 tsp
Pepper corns - 4 nos
Cinnamon stick - 1 piece
Coconut ( shredded ) - 2 tbsp
Corriander powder - 2 tbsp
Oil - 1.5 tbsp
Corriander leaves - few
Salt to taste.
- Cut tomatoes and onions into medium size pieces.
- Heat a tsp of oil in a kadai.Fry red chillies, 3/4 of cut onions,curry leaves, cumin seeds, fennel seeds, khus khus and pepper corns until onions turns into golden brown.
- After remove from heat add coconut and corriander powder.mix well and keep it aside.
- Heat a tsp of oil in a kadai .Add the 2 1/2 chopped tomatoes.Fry it 2 to 3 minutes.Grind all together to a smooth paste. and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a kadai.Add mustard seeds and allow it to splutter.
- Add the remaining onions,curry leaves & fry well.
- Now add tomatoes fry 2 minutes.
- Add the ground masala along with salt. and add required water.
- Mix well and allow to boil 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from flame.
Serve with idli & dosa.