Egg Plant: 4
Small Onion: 10
Red (dry) Chilli - 2
Curry Leaves 5-10 leaves
Gingelly Oil - 4 tea spoons
Mustard seeds: 1 teaspoon
Methi Seed: 1 tea spoon
Corriander Powder: 2 teaspoon
Chilli Powder: 1 tea spoon
Turmeric Powder: 1 Tea spoon
Salt : (to your taste)
How to Cook
- Dice and Slice Tomotto and eggplant separately.
- Cut the egg plant (brinjal) medium size and keep in the water.
- Soak the Tamarind in the 2 cups of water for about 10 minutes.
- Once ready with all the above items, Switch on the stove and place the Kadai (fry pan) in the stove.
- Drop 4-6 teaspoons of gingiley oil in the kadai and add mustard seed, methi seed.
- Add the Onion, red chilli (dry), curry leave and continue the fry.
- Then add diced tomoto and egg plant and keep frying.
- After 2-3 minutes of frying, add turmeric powder, corrinder powder, chilli powder and salt.
- Add Tamirind water and bring to boil.
- After boil for few seconds, keep the stove in sim (low heat) for about 10 minutes.
- Add chopped corriandor leaves.