Rawa – 1 cup
Sugar - 1cup
Ghee – 4 to 6 tablespoons
Cashewnuts – few
Raisins - few
Cardamom powder – 1 teaspoon
Kesaricolour – 1teaspoon
- In a kadai, put two tablespoon ghee and fry the rawa. Remove it.
- In the same kadai, put one tablespoon ghee and fry cashew nuts and raisins separately and keep it aside.
- In a heavy bottomed vessel pour two cups of water and bring to boil.
- When it is boiling add the rawa and stir continuously till the rawa is thick and cooked soft.
- Make sure there is no lump.The rava has to cook well.
- When it is fully cooked, add the sugar and stir well.
- When the sugar is fully dissolved, add kesari colour powder and mix well.
- Add remaining ghee now. keep stirring until the rava starts leaving the sides of the pan.
- Garnish with cardamom powder, fried cashew nuts and raisins.