Onion - 1 ( cut into thin slice )
Tomatoes - 3 ( cut into small pieces )
Green chillies - 4
Curry leaves - few
Corriander leaves - 2 tbsp ( chopped)
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Salt to taste.
Grated coconut - 3 tbsp
Split roasted gram ( pottu kadalai ) - 2 tbsp
Cinnammon - 1 small piece
Fennel seeds - 1 tbsp
Khus khus ( poppy seeds ) - 1 tbsp
Red chilli - 1.
Grind all the ingredients into a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a kadai add mustard seeds once it starts spluttering, add onoin,green chillies and curry leaves.
- Fry them until the onions become golden brown.
- Add tomatoes, turmeric powder, and salt and fry them.
- when the tomatoes becomes juicy,add the ground paste.
- Add 1 cup or 2 cups of water and mix well.
- Cover and cook till the masala blended with the curry and it becomes thick.
- Garnish with corriander leaves.