1 lb - mushrom ( cut into medium size )
1 tbsp - yogurt
1 - big onion ( sliced thin )
5 - green chillies
1 - tomato ( chopped )
1 - star anise
1 - clove
1 - cardamoms
2 - bay leafs
1″ - piece of cinnammon
1 - tbsp chilli powder
1/2 cup - chopped mint leaves
1/2 cup - chopped coriander leaves
1/2 cups - water
Salt to taste
3 tbsp - oil
1 tbsp - ghee
- Wash and soak the rice in water 15 minutes.
- Wash and cut the mushroom into medium sized pieces.
- Heat the oil in the cooker.Add the star anise, cloves, cardamon,cinnammon and bay leafs and saute for a minute.
- Add sliced onions and green chillies and fry till they start to brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and saute for about 2 minutes.
- Now add mushrom pieces along with the chopped tomatos and saute till the juice dries up.
- Add chilli powder,curd ,chopped mint leaves ,corriander leaves and salt to the taste.mix well. now close the lid 5 minutes.
- Now add ghee and soaked rice, mix it very gently, then add 3&1/2 cups of water, mix well.(slowly)
- Cover and cook with the weight on, until you hear 1 whistle.
- Switch off gas flame. Allow the cooker to cool naturally.