Ridgegourd (peerkkangai) - 1
Onion small size - 1
Green chillies -4 nos
Curryleaves - few
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste.
- Remove Ridge gourd skin.
- Cut Ridge gourd and Onion into small pieces.
- Heat Oil in a pan. Add Mustard seeds once it splutters add Onion,green chillies and Curry leaves, fry till Onion becomes light brown in color.
- Then add Ridge gourd, Turmeric powder and Salt. mix well.
- Cover with a lid. dont add water.
- Cook on a low flame and cook till Ridge gourd turns into soft .
Goes well with Rice.