kothavarangai ( cluster beans ) - 1 lb
Onion - 1/2 ( chopped )
Red chillies - 3
Mustard seed - 1/2 tsp
Urad dhal -1 tsp
Channa dhal -1/2 tsp
Grated coconut - 2 tbsp
Sambar powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Curry leaves - few
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste.
- Wash and cut the Kothavarankai ( cluster bean ) into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Put the kothavarankai into a vessel and add turmeric and salt and add enough water.
- Cover the vegetable. Cook till the vegetable is soft.
- Drain the excess water.
- Heat the oil in a kadai add mustard seeds when its pops up, add urad dhal and channa dhal fry few seconds.
- Now add onion, red chillies and curry leaves.Fry until onion turns into golden brown.
- Now add the cooked vegetable along with little salt and sambar powder.stir well.
- Now add grated coconut and mix well. close the lid and cook in a low flame 2 minutes. Remove from flame.
- Serve hot with rice and sambar.