Keerai - 1 bunch (washed, cleaned and chopped finely)
Small Onion - 3
Green Chillies - 3 split
Tomato - 1/2 ( chopped into medium pieces )
Garlic - 2 pieces
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Green Gram Dhal (Paasiparuppu) - 1 cup
Salt to taste.
Mustard Seeds - 1/2 tsp
Methi seeds - 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds - 1 tsp
Red Chillies - 2
Curry leaves - few.
- Pressure cook dal and keerai along with onion,tomato,garlic,green chilli, turmeric powder and salt in the cooker and allow 1 or 2 whistles.
- In a kadai pour 2 tsps of oil and season with mustard,cumin,methi seeds, red chillies and curry leaves.
- Now add the cooked dal - spinach mixture.
- Let it cook for five minutes.
- Kootu Ready. Serve with Rice.