Vendakkai / okra - 1 lb ( cut into small round pieces )
Onion - 1 ( chopped )
Green chillies - 3 ( split )
Curry leaves - few
Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
Urad dhal - 1 tsp
Sambar powder - 1 tsp
Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste.
- Wash and wipe the vendaikai with a kitchen towel.
- Cut it into small rounds.
- In a kadai put the oil and when it is hot add mustard.
- When the spluttering stops add urad dhal and fry till it turns light brown.
- Add chopped onion,Green chillies and curry leaves. Fry till the onion turns brown.
- Add vendaikai pieces and stir fry on low flame till its stickiness disappears.
- Add sambar powder, turmeric and salt and stir well.
- Keep it on low flame for 5 minutes.
- Remove once well done and serve it with steamed rice.