Rice - 1 cup
Lemon - 1
Green chillies - 4 ( chopped )
Ginger - 1'' ( grated )
Small onion -5(chopped)
Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp
Urad dhal - 1 tsp
Channa dhal - 1 tsp
Cashew nuts- 2 ( roasted )
Peanuts - few ( roasted )
Curry leaves - few
Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
Oil - 1 tbsp
Salt to taste.
- Cook rice in rice cooker or in open vessel.
- Put it in a plate and spread it. Sprinkle one or two teaspoon oil over it.
- Heat oil in a pan, do the seasoning with mustard seeds,curry leaves, channa and urad dal.
- Add chopped ginger pieces. Fry for 2 mts.
- Add onion and greechilli, saute till the onions turn translucent.
- Meanwhile, take out juice from the lemon and put it in a big bowl. Keep aside.
- Add turmeric powder to the fried onions.Saute for 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice and mix well. Remove from heat. Add cooked rice, Roasted peanuts and cashews and mix thoroughly. Adjust salt.Lemon rice is ready!!!